INSPECTIONS REQUIRED FOR ALL CONSTRUCTION
A MINIMUM OF 24 HOUR NOTICE IS REQUIRED ON ALL INSPECTIONS
Cash or Check only
ADDRESS MUST BE POSTED AT SITE BEFORE CONSTRUCTION STARTS
THE APPLICATION/PERMIT # IS REQUIRED TO SCHEDULE INSPECTIONS
This new code will become effective April 1, 2011
To all contractors and builders that perform work within Ripley County;
Ripley County has, by requirement of the Indiana Department of Home Land Security, adopted Their Building Code under IC 36-7-8-3 and IC 36-7-2-9.
Section 9, 2, (b)
A clear and understandable copy of detailed plans and specifications drawn to scale, which indicate in a precise manner the nature and location of all work to be accomplished.
This applies to any building or structure that requires a building permit.
Any building or structure that is 144 square feet or larger, requires a building permit.
No permit can be issued without the required floor and building plans.
THE FOLLOWING INSPECTIONS ARE REQUIRED:
1. Footer inspection – BEFORE POUR
2. Basement wall inspection – BEFORE POUR
3. Temporary Electric
4. Under floor plumbing - BEFORE POUR
5. Perimeter drain inspection – BEFORE BACKFILL
(No Roof Downspouts In Drains)
6. Framing and rough-in inspection
7. Insulation and fire stop
8. 2nd rough-in – make sure all corrections are made and codes are met – all fire stops must be in place
9. Final inspection – EVERYTHING must be completed, including all gutters and handrails in place; mailbox with address in place and driveway culverts in place
ALL INSPECTIONS MUST BE COMPLETED AND CODES MUST BE MET BEFORE OCCUPANCY CERTIFICATE ISSUED